Wednesday, January 21, 2009

IV medications isn't medications??

I came across this patient of mine who was admitted due to *AECOPD 2 to pneumonia few weeks ago.. He was very arrogant, due to his many admission 2 d hospital. He will question every procedure that being carried by us.. blood taking, iv branula etc..


One fine morning as I was doing my morning round as usual.. He was very frustated and angry. In a loud voice this is his conversation with one of the staff nurse;

Uncle A: Misi, apamacam saya suda tinggal sini hospital suda 2 hari doktor xdak bg ubat??
(* nurse, i've been in the ward 4 2 days but y din d doctor gave me any medicine??)

Nurse X: Apa uncle, xdak ada ubat ka?? apa macam?? saya hari2 ada bg uncle ubat lahh..
(* what? i thought that i gave u all ur medications everyday??)

Uncle A: Mana ada lu bg ubat?? hari2 lu cucuk saya saja.. tidak nampak ubat??
(Where's d medications? I juz saw that u injected me everyday..)

Nurse X: Haiyyoo uncle, itu cucuk2 semua ubat lahh..
(Uncle, that's all injected medication)

Uncle A: Haiyyoo.. saya tidak nampak mahh.. sebab saya tidak makan..
(I can't see d medication cos i din eat it..)

Me: Burst into laughter...

After that incident he became nice, even allow me to take his frequent *ABG..


*AECOPD- acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.. a form of lung disease
*ABG-arterial blood gas.. blood that is taken from the artery.. the oxygenated blood

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I found ur blog accidentally ( argh..its all becoz of me,trying to go to others blog)..
    And I am a student too..same field as ur,but juz been into it ( means im 1st year )..
    So,nice meeting u n do hope i will know better about Malaysia med school system..
    plus,i need to know more about Malaysia medical system,too..
    how it look likes,wut shud i know n all that..
    ok..

    ReplyDelete